Saturday, July 26, 2008

ROCK BAND!!!


So for the last month Cody's work has been putting on a rock band competition. For those who don't know, it is a video game where you have a drummer, bassist, guitarist, and a singer. The whole time Cody's band (The Adekwets) has been in second place. They had to play two songs, three different times for a total of six songs. Today was the final and fourth show. The top four bands played today at the company's summer party. Each band had to play the same first song (Dani California- Red Hot Chili Peppers) and then chose the second song. They played More than a feeling by Boston. They were judged by the score on the first song, the score from three judges, and then the audience voted for their favorite. I must begin by saying I was FREAKING OUT!!! Fourth place got 25$, third got 50$, second got 100$, and first place got 200$ AND Jack Johnson tickets!! Who by the way is one of my very favorite performers EVER!! So I was FREAKING OUT!!! Cody's band played third and the first two bands were just alright. During our band practices The Adekwets would score around 1.5 million on Dani California, so I went in to it feeling good. But when none of the other bands broke 1 million I was feeling great!! They started out in cover alls, and when they were done with their first song the judges told them they were a little boring and needed to liven it up a bit. So Jeff (our drummer) said "You want us to liven it up...?" Then they all took off their cover alls and underneath they all had on polyester pants and crazy shirts! The audience went wild! Cody and Jeff put on black afro wigs and the bassist (Devon) had a hat on with a mullet coming out the back! It was hilarious!! They rocked their second song (our singer Heather even did the splits!!) and needless to say totally kicked TRASH and took FIRST!!! I AM GOING TO JACK JOHNSON!!!!! Then when they were announcing the winners, one of the founders decided that the cash prizes weren't high enough so we got 300$ instead of 200$! Good thing my birthday is on Tuesday!!! I video tapped the performances on my digital camera, so they aren't super great. And it only recorded for half the song, so there are two recordings per song. Don't turn up the volume too loud, I do scream a little in the second song. But it isn't too bad just be warned! In the first song Cody is wearing sunglasses and no hat, and in the second song he is wearing the Orange pants and green and orange shirt!! PS Everyones final scores: the last place team got around 1.3 million and the third place team got around 1.7 million. The second place team got over 2 million and they didn't even announce our score because we had over THREE million!!! Thats right won by a landslide!! You also need to pause my song player at the side of my page to hear the music!!







8 comments:

Laura & Jamin said...

Can I just say WOW.....that is so FRREAKIN COOL JACK to the freakin JONHSON tickets dang i'm so JEALOUS of you!! Nice job Cody on your butt kickin guitarin skills! WAY TO GO!! Well I hope you have an awesome time at the concert! Love you guys!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Emma! Thanks for the nice comments about my pixs! I use a Canon 40D. I just got it and am still learning! Let's get together soon!

Brock and Stef said...

Congratulations I know you wanted those tickets so bad!!
Have a blast GOOD JOB CODY

katied said...

great job cody soooooo much fun to watch mom

Anonymous said...

I am SOOOO jealous! I went to his concert a few years ago at usana and loved it! How fun! I love that we can keep in touch this way! P.S. Your the hottest little pregnant girl ever! P.s. where are you working??

Ann said...

I know i cant believe myself either. I am addicted to blog now that i know how to do it :) I am so jealous you are going to jack johnson!! i went a few years ago and we got to go up in the pit. we could almost touch him. . . it was amazing

oodlesofoversons said...

Rock on! That's impressive!

April said...

That looked like so much fun...way better than stupid CG day at the water park. Have tons of fun at Jack Johnson!