Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Titled just for Andrea!

So Cody has been making me go to church. Yes making me. (I don't need any comments mom, papa and laura!!!) I don't mind the sacrament part of things but I could do without sunday school and relief society! I am sorry but they are boring and I would rather do other things!! But it really hasn't been bad so far... so far! I have met a few nice people, and hopefully I never offend them when they sit by me in relief society and I roll my eyes and make comments under my breath!! Which I have been known to do... But anyway yesterday I went on an Activity Days activity with the girls ages 8-11. We went to camp Jeremiah Johnson in Springville. It is a boy scout day camp. The girls got to shoot BB guns, spend some time at the Archery range, race boats across a "Lake" (or large pond), and do some crafts. It was pretty fun and the girls seemed to enjoy themselves! When I was that age we got to learn how to make cookies and then had to share them with the boys!! We never got to do such fun things! I learned that I don't have as much patience as I thought!! It was really hot when we first got there, and that was not awesome!! When it did cool down, it was fun. But like I said patience.... When it was just our 12 girls it was not that bad, but when ALL of them came together... Luckily it was only at the beginning and in the end. But some could be so obnoxious!! I NEVER acted in such a way!!! It also brought back a lot of memories! Some were sooo shy, believe it or not, I used to be extremely shy. And then there were the ones who LOVED being center of attention, I also went threw that phase! I know that most people do, you just don't really remember until you see someone else going threw it!! But like I said it was pretty fun, and I am glad I happened to have an afternoon off so I could go!! Thanks Chelsey for asking me!!! Here are just a few group pictures. The girls wanted a goofy one at the end!!







9 comments:

Sabrina and BJ said...

I can only picture you at age 10 emma.. I hardly doubt you were perfect.. I know your little girl is gonna be just like her Mommy.. I'm glad you went so you can get practice.. You know who's watching all of my kids.. Aunti Em

oodlesofoversons said...

Wow...Thanks for naming your spiritual church going post after me. That is such a compliment! It looks like you had a great time and I'm sure they loved having your help. But, what's your favorite food???? ;0)

Ann said...

emma i love the song "at last" I had it on my wedding cd! i cant even picture you going to activity days. . .thats so funny, i bet the girls just love you though!

Anonymous said...

emma you were never shy. i bet you really had fun with the girls. they loved you who cannot

Laura & Jamin said...

I knew all those years of praying wouldn't go to waste hahaha!! I love ya sista!! Sounds like you had loads of fun.....but totally i agree with you on the whole church should just be sacrament the other two are so hard to go to and boring!!

April said...

Well I am going to disagree with everyone and say that it didn't really look like fun. All those little girls and giggling, sounds like a headache waiting to happen.
Church isn't so bad. You will find some nice people who are just like you and like to make snarky comments about everyone too...it will happen.
I wonder why no one believes us when we say we are shy?

Emma said...

Mom said I wasn't shy!! And Laura- Cody said the devil doesn't answer prayers!!

Chelsey said...

I am glad you had some fun. I am glad Cody is making you come to church. Or I never would have met you. Tell me who you know from my blog list, and how do you know them. what a small world.

jacksonhaleywarrenandhaus said...

I was on Kylee Hammers blog and I seen you. Its nice to see what you are up to and congrats on being pregnant. Haley Jones, feel free to check out my blog jacksonhaleyfamily.blogspot.com