Saturday, February 5, 2011

Christmas Miracle

I know that it is February, but Valentines Day Miracle just doesn't work.
So it is a Christmas Miracle!!
My computer has been down. She just wouldn't charge anymore. So I woefully said my goodbyes and laid her to rest on top of my dresser. (That is why I have not been posting.)
I started saving my money for a new Lappy, but it is kind of hard when you don't really make any! So last Sunday, bored out of my FREAKING mind, I decided to try and raise my Lappy from the dead. I got a screwdriver so I could try and take her apart. Not knowing what I was doing I unscrewed every screw I could find on the back. Having done that I could not get the back off. So I jiggled some stuff, took the battery off and banged on it a little bit. I found a hole and stuck the screwdriver in it, not the smartest idea, but I was careful and she was not plugged in. Having done everything I could think of, I replaced all the screws and plugged her in.
I got nothing.
So I wiggled the cord around for a min, and Christmas Miracle number 1, her light came on for .5 sec. I have never been so happy!
But that was all she gave me. I brought her out to the kitchen table so I could seriously get down to business, and after a few mins of more cord wiggling... Christmas Miracle number 2, She came to life! I had to let her charge for a while before I could turn her on. But it was like an old friend I hadn't seen for yrs. (Really only months, but it felt like eternity.)
We have some newly established Lappy rules:
The first a most important, NOBODY MOVES LAPPY.
If you touch her cord AT ALL she will stop charging.
That first night she was back I woke up terrified that she would start on fire. I don't know why. I could have been dreaming. But I had to unplug her from the wall just so I could sleep. Luckily she was fine and when I plugged her back in she lit up like a Christmas tree, in a good way.
Second rule ONLY EMMA TOUCHES LAPPY. This rule can be broken by responsible adults with Emma's supervision.
Third rule, REESE DOES NOT SIT BY LAPPY WHEN SHE EATS. I just made up this rule today. We have put away Reese's high chair so she can start eating at the table. But we have a really high table so I have been letting her eat at her little table. It hasn't worked out so well since she can get up and down whenever she wants. It has always taken her an amazingly long time to eat, it is just worse now that she can leave the table whether I like it or not. Today she ate lunch at the big table, right next to Lappy. She didn't touch it, but I just don't want her little food fingers all over my Lappy, especially in her delicate state.
So far those are all the rules I have, but I will establish more as needed.
I have also decided that this is not going to be just Reese's blog anymore. I need an outlet for stuff. I am not really creative, I can't draw, I would love to learn how to paint, but that is a pretty pricey hobby. I just feel like I have pent up emotion or energy and I need a release. So until I win Publishers Clearing House and become ridiculously wealthy I am going to be releasing it all here. I must apologize now to the people I will most likely offend, because sometimes I do that, and only sometimes am I sorry about it. I would like to write a book one day. So I am going to practice the writing skills that I don't have here. Writing is free and it is a good way to release all that stuff that needs released. I am still going to write about Reese and post pictures and all that good stuff. She is cute and says funny things. But it is just not going to be all about Reese. Although a lot of that pent up stuff I was talking about is because she drives me beyond crazy.
Reason number 40 she will most likely be an only child.
I am going to slowly start updating, there just isn't a lot. I have been slaking on the picture taking lately.
PS I am in a Friends phase right now due to the Friends marathon I just finished. I will be referring to them a lot.

5 comments:

chelsie said...

i love christmas miracles!

Becca said...

YAY for Lappy coming back to life! Robert fixes laptops sometimes and found that with some the charge connector bit that allows the laptop to charge gets loose. He says it is a super easy fix - but probably just for him :P

Also - YAY for more writing and creative outlets! Kids seem to have a special knack for knowing which buttons to push and when. Especially if they are a lot like you. Carus pushes my buttons so much easier than Adam and I think it is cause she is a lot like me...poor kid.

One more - YAY Friends.

Emma said...

I think that is exactly the problem to my computer Becca! Send Robert out here stat! And Reese is EXACTLY like me. Other than the clean part. I hope it will get better the older she gets. I am pretty nice, when she listens to me first.

Becca said...

I'm hoping for a Utah bound road-trip this summer. Or maybe a stop in Utah on the way to NM if I want to get super hopeful :P It would be more realistic if we didn't want to fix up our house and yard and if the state would stop taking our money in the form of taxes (happy with fed right now, state just stinks).

Cross some fingers!

Sarah said...

Finally, someone who speaks my Friends language! I spend all day with teenagers who were born in the mid 90's and a husband who never watched TV before we got married. Between Friends, Gilmore Girls, and Dirty Dancing, no one understands a word that comes out of my mouth