Sunday, February 6, 2011

Numero 2

A big one for October, yes it was 4 months ago. Reese turned 2!
Her birthday party was a success and she was ridiculously spoiled. I have been patiently waiting 2 yrs for her tutu to finally fit her. (My friend made it for her when I was pregnant.) It was supposed to fit her around 3-6 months. I almost didn't make it. It was almost too small. But she loved wearing it! And I must say she did look pretty darn cute in it!


As I write this post I am reminded of a time in my life when I thought it would be more fun to have a toddler than a baby. Someone to talk to and play with. I always said that I would much rather have the fighting than the boring baby stage when they just lay there and do nothing.
I take it back. ALL OF IT.
I would give anything to have my house clean again. I am a little OCD when it comes to things being in their place. It makes me a happy person when things are in their home. And EVERYTHING has a home.
It has been hard enough being married. Cody is pretty good about putting his stuff away. There have been some weeks my eye wouldn't stop twitching. But for most of the stories I hear, I will definitely keep him.
Reese is another story. I know she is 2, but if she can learn the alphabet and how to count, she can certainly learn how to pick up her toys.
I have starting taking away toys that she won't pick up and then if she wants them back she has to earn them back by keeping her room clean. She doesn't care. I have a pile of toys in the spare room that Reese is "earning" back. And more piles of toys on her bedroom floor that she won't pick up. The other day I told her that if she didn't pick up her room I was going to get a box out of the basement and put all the toys on floor in it and take them away forever. She starting walking downstairs to help me get the box.
I know she doesn't really understand, but now all of you will know why I will have admitted myself to the State Mental hospital.
Santa got her some princess cloths for Christmas.
Saying she Loves them is an understatement.
One day she wanted to wear one to Grandmas house. Which isn't a big deal, but I told her no. I just didn't want one more thing to have to keep track of. And I am the mom. I said no. She then preceded to run down the hall to ask Cody. Who told her yes. (In his defense he didn't know I said no.) She then told him "Well mom told me no." He then asked why. So she came back in the bathroom and said "Mom why you say no?" And I said "Because I am the mom and I said so." (A line I am becoming very famous for.) And then she told me "Well he is a Dad and he said yes!"
SHE IS 2!
TWO!
I am in for it.
Reason number 1153 why Reese will mostly likely be an only child.

1 comment:

Becca said...

She is 2 and is that sneaky and smart, you are in for it!

The kids were playing Robert and I for a bit there (asking the other when not getting the answer they wanted) but that stopped quickly when they started getting grounded or something. They might still do it once in awhile, but they haven't gotten away with it in ages.

She will get better about picking her toys up, I promise. Both mine have learned and both still need reminding to do it. We took all of Carus's toys away once too for not picking up and she had to earn them back. There were some that she didn't earn back before she outgrew them.