Wednesday, October 13, 2010

State Fair

I LOVE the State fair. I have gone every year but 2 maybe 3 times. I love everything about the fair, the animals, the tasty greasy food, the smells, and of course the crazy fair people! I had my first funnel cake this year. It was delicious. I was only slightly disappointed that it is just a fancy scone, but I will still eat them. They are yummy yummy. Cody ate a deep fried snickers and loved it. Nothing beats my fried PB&J. That was the most amazing fair food I have ever eaten!
My dad has always worked at the fair. In AZ I remember he would help judge the animals, or maybe just help tally the scores. I mostly remember eating donuts and playing around so I could be wrong about what he actually did. But here in Utah he works with the FFA students. For a while they just had a petting zoo, which was really fun, but for the last couple years the have had Little Hands on the Farm. It is so fun! The kids get a basket and an apron and they milk the fake cow, plant vegetables, pick fruit, brush a stuffed sheep, ride a little tractor bike around. And when they are done they take their goods and sell them to the market. Then they take their farmer money and get to buy a treat. It is so great! Reese was a little unsure at first, but she got the hang of it towards the end. And my dad loved showing her off to the kids he works with and helping her work on the farm!













3 comments:

April said...

How fun! I miss going to the State Fair so much.
I also totally remember eating donuts in the score tally-ing room at the AZ State Fair. Those were fun days :)

Chelsey said...

I cant believe how much older reese looks. she is darling! hope you are doing well

Chelsey said...

i love your family pictures you took at the lake a while back. Send us a christmas card. I'll exchange addresses with you later. Do you have a house yet? Pictures soon i hope!