Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Brideshead Revisited

So I finally finished Brideshead Revisited. It took so long because I took a 3 month hiatus and read some other books, and just plain didn't read for a while. Once I sat down and started it, I really liked it! It reminded me a little of The Great Gatsby, only because it was a story about life. No real drama or romance. Just a good story! I want to watch the movie to see how they portrayed the characters, and I would love to read some more of Evelyn Waugh. I really liked his style of writing. I definitly recommend it! And sorry to Gramps and April, but I am going to read my Fable Haven book before I read the Outlander books. It will literally take me a day to read it and I just plain want to, so there!

1 comment:

E said...

Yeah, Emma! Brideshead is wonderful, and there's more good Waugh for you to enjoy. Watch the old Brideshead mini-series that has the Wm. F. Buckley commentary. He discusses the Catholicism of the novel in a really interesting way.
I think you'll like the Outlander stuff, too.
Time to bring the little one to Laptime at the library!