Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Posts

My posts are being put on hold for a while due to some technical laptop difficulties.
It seems that I have caught a virus or a worm (on my computer) of some kind.
I am mostly upset because it appears to be unfixable, if that is even a word.
Cody has not given up hope, but I have, and I have lost EVERYTHING.
I am not smart enough to back things up on my external hard drive, which I bought to do just that.
I vaguely remember backing somethings up when I bought it 2 years ago.
But that might just be wishful remembering.
I have been keeping up on my correspondences via iphone.
Because I hate the desktop.
It is cold, and doesn't have my finger prints all over the screen like my lappy.
I have entered into a deep depression.
Yes I may be being a little dramatic.
But this has never happened to me before.
Things I have learned from this experience.
-I hate my digital camera. If I just had my old film camera I would not have been lazy and would of had to PRINT out my pictures. Which would have given me hard copies and I would not have lost them. ALL of them.
-People suck. Why are people so mean that they make programs like this to destroy other peoples memories and files of great songs and high scores. Do they make money off of it? Or are they just mean people who got bullied by kids and never got over it?
-Don't trust anyone on the internet. I don't download random thing for fear of THIS happening. The only places I do download things is facebook (which I am not anymore), and when I watch April's videos of her kids. I guess an occasional email will have a video, but I only watch them when they come from people I know.
-McAfee sucks. They did not keep my system virus free.
-And lastly BACK EVERYTHING UP. God made external hard drives for a reason. USE THEM.
PS some of you may be getting emails soon to send me pictures.
Woe is me.

4 comments:

oodlesofoversons said...

That TRULY sucks! I am SO sorry! What are the chances that you uploaded any of your stuff up to Costco albums or something? The only good thing is that you still have the pictures you have put on your blog...you can upload those to Costco and have them printed. I'm SO sorry!!!

Becca said...

Don't wipe it yet - try AVG virus software. Robert doesn't like McAfee cuz it don't work and doesn't like Norton cuz it takes over your system and so we have AVG. We use Limewire (like napster) and it helps prevent a ton of viruses; it has also cleaned out a few viruses I have gotten.

April said...

I am sorry...I know your pain. I back things up like 10 times cause I am so afraid of this happening. I hope your computer comes back to life, I will pray for a Thanksgiving miracle.

Anonymous said...

I miss the updates! I feel so badly about your computer! :( I really hope its fixable.