Monday, June 15, 2009

Yellowstone

I love going to Yellowstone. I have only been twice but I love watching the animals. We saw buffalo, elk, deer, antelope, coyotes, and this time got to see and wolf and two bears! One of the bears was up on a ridge and could only be seen with a spotting scope, or binoculars. And the wolf was also to far for pictures. But I was still so excited! Reese did really well driving around everywhere. She only got crabby every now and then. I lost my wallet on the first day, but didn't realize it was gone until the second day. We looked everywhere! Everyone searched the car at least a hundred times, we looked in our bags, around the cabin, and went to all the places that we had stopped or sat down. But found nothing. I couldn't help thinking of all the hundreds of people in West Yellowstone, why was it the dishonest one to find my wallet. I called and canceled my cards, and started dreading the DMV lines for a new license. I figure everyone has to deal with something like this at least once in their lives. It teaches you things for the future. Even with losing my wallet, the trip was great! Cody got food poisoning the last day, and luckily it didn't hit until night so he didn't have to miss anything. It rained a little the first day on one of our hikes, but just a light drizzle. And it rained the last day so we couldn't go to a few of the lakes Cody wanted to see. It did rain all night on Sat and snowed a little in the park, and it poured the whole way home. While driving home, enjoying the rain and my crossword puzzles. I decided that my seatbelt was a little too tight. So I sat up a bit to loosen it, looked down, and there between the wall of the car and my seat, sitting on the belt, was my wallet. I was dumbfounded. I can not tell you how many times we searched the car, all four of us had sat in that seat at least once. It was almost as if someone found it and placed it there when I wasn't looking! I am happy to have it back, I just wish my seat belt would have been too tight before I had called and canceled my cards! Oh well, lesson learned!


5 comments:

JethRobyn said...

I am soooooo jealous. I love Yellowstone, it happens to be one of my favorite places. I'm glad you guys had fun. That bear looked HUGE in your picture! Congrats on finding your wallet :)

Brock and Stef said...

Looks like you guys had fun!! I cannot believe how fast Reese is growing! Her playing Peek a boo is so freaking cute! I wanna play. . I need to come visit! I'm so glad you finally posted!

April said...

Great pics!! Looks like you guys had so much fun, little Reeser is getting so big.

Brian and Tonya said...

Thanks for leaving me your blog address. Glad you had fun in Yellowstone. I love that place. :)

leslie jo said...

Thanks for leaving your blog address on Tonya FB. You look so happy and your lil one is soo cute! Yellowstone ahh I haven't been there in so long I can't even remember what it's like. Glad you had a good time...take care